Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Rochester during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Brogan Heating & AC Inc will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Brogan Heating & AC Inc at 507-218-0088 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.