When it’s frigid in Rochester you need your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Brogan Heating & AC Inc.
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help figure out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at Brogan Heating & AC Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.