During the colder Rochester months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Brogan Heating & AC Inc will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Brogan Heating & AC Inc right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Brogan Heating & AC Inc can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Brogan Heating & AC Inc at 507-218-0088 or schedule an appointment with us online.