Having standard air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Rochester summertime, have the professionals at Brogan Heating & AC Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Brogan Heating & AC Inc today at 507-218-0088.