Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Rochester is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Brogan Heating & AC Inc constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Brogan Heating & AC Inc in Rochester at 507-218-0088 today.