You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Brogan Heating & AC Inc have assembled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the new temperature, try changing it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Brogan Heating & AC Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 507-218-0088.